Turn Up Tune In – Daily Meditation for Everybody
Monday to Friday 7.30 – 8 am, via Zoom.
Next course 8 March – 26 March
To book please click here
(or pay direct by bank transfer)
Be encouraged to show up to your day and take this precious moment to tend to your body and mind, knowing that others are there to do the same.
10 minutes of gentle yoga/wake up stretch
10 minutes of meditation
10 minutes of meditation
You can choose to do 10, 20 or the full 30 minutes, depending on your time limits or interest and join as many days as you like.
Costs for the three weeks:
£15 for students who also do a weekly Kishori yoga class (= £1 per session)
£30 for TUTI only (= £2 per session)
£15 for concessions *
- You will receive many tips to point the way and a short introduction to the why’s and wherefore’s of the way Elles teaches meditation.
- Instructions during the session will be kept to a minimum so as not to intrude too much upon the silence of your pristine morning.
- On Fridays you can stay on 10 minutes longer for some suggestions for an after meditation stretch.
- The Sunday (at 5 pm) before the course starts you will be invited to a short Open Introduction for any questions, to try out Zoom, to set up your space.
The Sundays in between we also often have an informal Zoom session where you can ask questions, share experiences or simply meet your fellow TUTI’s.
- Suitable for all abilities, whether you are new to meditation or not. Both the gentle yoga/wake up stretch and the meditation can be done on a chair.
TUTI is of course the acronym of Turn Up Tune In, but to me it means deciding to embrace your day, your life wholeheartedly, with totality, open to its potential and to everything that it may bring.
TUTI also stands for the ‘method’ we use in the meditation. I put it in quotation marks because we use as little method as we can. It is an open, all-inclusive way of ‘being present to what is’.
My 30 years of experience with meditation first started in 1990 with Zen. Since then I have sought out many different methods and traditions to find a better understanding. This process is still evolving although the search has become more internal. I am very much indebted to the masterful teachings of Lama Alan Wallace (Buddhist), Shi Jing (Daoist) and Osho (Just Being).
*TUTI Support Fund:
To support your practice TUTI has a fund for those who would like to start or continue with TUTI but prefer not to pay the full price. Please contact Elles for the reduced rate of £15, or indeed if you would like to contribute to this fund as a benefactor.
TUTI = Not For Profit:
Although we have not reached the profit threshold at this early stage, once we do part of your fee will go on to support Thosamling, a Buddhist nunnery in the north of India. (www.thosamling.com).
Elles is not a Buddhist and TUTI is not a Buddhist practice, but this contribution will hopefully encourage us in the notion that ultimately our meditation will benefit all beings.
1. 11 – 29 January 2021
2. 8 – 26 February 2021
3. 8 – 26 March 2021
This moment is not a measure of time.
It has no beginning and no end.